Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 28th, 2008

Dear Servers..

So I'm trying to create a group that involves servers, us, through out the community to raise our voices and create awareness and funds for breast cancer. Though, I'm finding it very hard to do this year, considering I have this amazing concept that 'exposes' servers to create the funds in a very professional, classy and tasteful manner but not able to find restaurants to participate.

Most places think its a great idea and I sell it well cause its the one part of my life that I'm so passionate about. But alas, they end up pulling out aka, the big boss decided against it cause they don't need the advertisement or like I like to state it...'they don't want to showcase their business while helping a cause that could potentially save someone in their lives life'!

But really all I'm trying to do is help find the cure for breast cancer. And while I know that I cant find it medically, I can create a voice with the networking that I have developed through the years of serving and I can create a group that will help me raise that voice and my concerns and raise funds for someone to find the cure.

Though it seems like the harder and harder I try, the harder and harder I fall.
But I'm going to keep trying different angles of this concept in hopes that a few years down the road those restaurants big bosses will want to be a part of my fight, and ill be there welcoming them as a stronger and bigger voice then ever!!

From a server trying to make a difference
love.courage.hope

No comments: